Making small changes in my life amounted to a huge improvement over time. Below is a list of small things I do every day which overtime, improved my life. You can do it too! A few of the tips may seem too simple to make any difference at all, but I guarantee that over time, it will create a compounded effect that will transform not only your life but also the way you feel. The list might seem a bit long and too much to do all at once, so simply start with just one until you form the habit of doing it daily, then gradually add on another then another. Here is 18 Small Ways to Improve Your Life.
1. Make your bed to immediately make your room look more put together.
2. Drink water first, then coffee or tea.
3. Pray or meditate, even just for 10 minutes, to set the tone for your day
4. Read a few pages of a book or browse an article for a few minutes.
5. Wear something you feel great in.
6. Listen to music or something uplifting while doing your daily activities like commuting, cleaning, cooking or exercising.
7. Smile at at least two people.
8. Smile at yourself.
9. Call or message someone you love.
10. Eat food that makes you feel radiant.
11. Make lists of things you need to accomplish for the day.
12. Stretch for 10 minutes.
13. Carry water with you (always always always).
14. Shut off your phone for an hour and have some ME time.
15. Take a hot shower or bath at the end of a stressful day.
16. Try to make plans to spend time with someone at least once a week.
17. Think about 3 things you are grateful for at the end of each day.
18. Do something calming, relaxing, and non-electronic 30 minutes before you sleep (I recommend reading from a book).
What are your thoughts on these? If you already do some, how has it changed your life?
Smile! Life is better when you’re laughing!