Most of us have good intentions and always choose to be kind; but when we’re busy going about our days, how often do we actually practice kindness? In essence of this, one of the pending things in my life-list is to do a Kindness Challenge. There are many ways to do this, but I decided to come up with my own.
With a little over 300 days left this year, I am challenging myself to do 300 Acts of Kindness. That is basically, an act of kindness almost every day. To help keep track of each kind act, I labelled an empty jar and gathered 300 plastic chips. Each time I do a random act of kindness, a chip goes into the jar (see image below). The aim of the challenge is to fill the jar of kindness by using up all 300 of the chips by the end of this year.
Are you up for the challenge?
You can do random acts of kindness in your own way, but here are a few suggestions:
- Hold the door for someone.
- Help an elderly person.
- Pick up a piece of litter.
- Let someone else go before you.
- Share something that is yours.
- Volunteer your time to a cause you believe in.
- Say something nice to someone.
- Give to charity.
- Give someone a hug.
- Compliment someone.
- Smile at someone.
- Say hello to someone first.
- Donate your used books to a local library.
- Leave a generous tip to your server.
- Send someone you care about a “just because” gift.
I’ll love to hear your thoughts on this challenge. Comment below and let me know what you think.
Smile 😀 Life is better when you’re laughing!
Don’t forget to Like, Share & Subscribe!