The beginning of a new year is the perfect time to detox your life, that is, to get rid of anything that does not add to your life or build you up, and things that drain your energy, weigh you down and stress you out. Detoxing will start your year off in peaceful tone and give your life a brand new, refreshed, and much lighter feeling.
Here are 5 simple ways you can detox your life that’s guaranteed to bring you peace and happiness:
- Detox Relationships —You cannot grow with the negative energy of toxic people in your life. As hard as it might be, distance yourself from anyone who drains and constantly weighs you down. Those who are dramatic, judgemental and exudes negativity should have no place in your life. Keep a small supportive circle and surround yourself with those who are positive, uplifting, and have your best interest at heart.
- Detox Living Space — Detoxing your living space might take a little extra time and effort but it’s absolutely worth it. There is a direct correlation between physical and mental clutter; therefore, you will find that as you organise your physical living space, you simultaneously feel a mental relief. I guarantee that a clean organised space will make a positive impact in the way you feel. I recommend reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin—she wrote a detailed chapter on detoxing living space.
- Detox Work Space — If you spend a lot of time at your work space, you’ll want to detox there as well. Organise your desk and get rid of any old, unwanted stuff. Keep minimal items on your desk as less clutter will help you think clearer, and be more focused and productive. Keep your PC organised and easy to browse through; clear out unused desktop icons, properly file documents, and delete old files and extensive browsing history. This will create a light work-space and make your work load seem less stressful and more manageable, which will contribute to your inner peace and happiness.
- Detox Smart Phone — Most, if not all of us, can’t function without our smart phones. If you spend a significant amount of time with your eyes glued to your phone, you may want to detox that as well. Clear out old photos, delete unused apps and organise the useful ones. Delete unnecessary contacts from your phone-book and WhatsApp. Clean out your social media profiles by unfollowing negative pages and toxic people. Keep an exclusive friend list and only follow uplifting pages and people. Your phone will not only feel less cluttered, but browsing through your social media news feed will now radiate a very positive relaxing vibe, that is more beneficial to your life.
- Detox Your Tasks — Do you often find yourself overwhelmed by the amount of things you have to get done? I know I have. That in itself creates chaos in your life and will leave you feeling depleted. Get in the habit of making a daily or weekly ‘to-do’ list. This will make you feel grounded, calm, and give you more control of your time. A list creates order and provides inner relief by putting things into perspective. It will help you to prioritise and better utilise your time and energy, leaving you feeling more accomplished and happier. Work smart, not hard 😉
Comment below and share your thoughts.
Smile 😀 Life is better when you’re laughing!
Don’t forget to Like, Share & Subscribe!