The world can definitely use more kindness. If my blog encourages one person to be more kind, it would achieve one of its purposes. Being kind is not only proven to make us happier, it creates an astounding ripple effect on others — when you’re kind to someone, they get inspired to do something kind for another, and so the effect propagates.
Kindness should become so second nature to us that we don’t recognise when we’re being kind — it should be part of our lifestyle and who we are. It takes almost no time and effort to be kind. One simple act of kindness takes only a few seconds and can completely change someone’s day or even someone’s life. We need to keep the golden rule in mind and ALWAYS treat people the way we want to be treated.
As you read the following acts of kindness, imagine that if the roles were reversed, how happy and grateful you will be to receive such kindness from someone. Don’t we all want to be treated kindly? Then why not be kind to others?
There are countless ways in which we can practice kindness, but here are 7 simple acts you can do that can change someone’s life:
- Smile and say “hello” or “good morning” to a stranger passing by.
- Compliment others when possible — it takes nothing from you to utter a few nice words to someone.
- Humbly give another driver a chance on the road — you will be happy if someone did the same for you.
- Offer to give up your seat to an elderly person.
- Pay for someone’s food, drink or item (s) at the grocery store.
- Give a homeless person a meal or something useful other than cash.
- Hold the door open for a stranger when entering or leaving a room.
Yep, it’s that easy. The world is full of nice people. If you can’t find one, be one 🙂
Don’t forget to leave a Comment, Like, Share and SUBSCRIBE!
Thank you for stopping by 🙂
Keep Smiling — Love, Candace