Today is Valentine’s Day… the day to celebrate Love and Romance. For the first time ever, I feel as though I have a love that’s genuine and special to celebrate today. It took me almost 28 years to fully grasp and experience the true meaning of LOVE.
We say “I love you” every day, but do we really understand what love means? I put together my favourite quotes about love to help with this. Enjoy!
- “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” ― Victor Hugo
- “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything.” ― Themis Tolis
- “In order to be happy oneself it is necessary to make at least one other person happy.” ― Theodor Reik
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” ― Lao-Tzu
- “Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.” ― Paulo Coelho
- “Better to have lost and loved than never to have loved at all.” ― Ernest Hemingway
- “And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.” ― Paul McCartney
- “The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.” ― Gilbert K. Chesterton
- “The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love.” ― Henry Miller
…Keep Smiling – Love, Candace