Yesterday, I stumbled upon a list—“things that are a waste of time”—and decided to dig a little deeper to compile a similar list and share with you. I think that life is too short to waste your precious time doing the these:


  1. Fighting with others instead of agreeing to disagree. 
  2. Waiting for something to happen instead of making it happen. 
  3. Complaining about something that you could have already changed. 
  4. Being indecisive; if you don’t make decisions life will make them for you. 
  5. Creating fake problems so that you don’t have to deal with your real problems. 
  6. Procrastinating instead of taking action now. 
  7. Being in a relationship with someone just because you’re afraid of being alone. 
  8. Doing things you don’t like instead of doing things you’re passionate about. 

What are some things you think is a waste of time? Comment below and share your thoughts.



Smile 😀 Life is better when you’re laughing!

Don’t forget to Like, Share & Subscribe!

10 Replies to “8 Things That are Truly a Waste of Time”

  1. Hey everyone, happy and safe carnival to all (if your visiting us in T&T and my trinbagonian people).
    My take on this one is short an sweet Candice, SPEND 80% of your time on activities that brings you closer to becoming the best version of yourself and you still have the other 20% to play mass for 2018:)

    Be safe in the festivities guys



    1. Thanks so much Peter. Hope you had a great and safe Carnival weekend.

      I totally agree with you on that one. We need to invest more time on developing and improving ourselves everyday.

      Thanks for sharing that and for all your well wishes 🙂

  2. I reckon getting myself mentally involved in worldwide problems as reported by the media is a waste of time. I can’t do anything about some political decisions made on the other side of the world, or a crime committed in another town.

    The reason I say this is, it makes me negative and when I get that way I am no good to anyone. For me its incredibly important to be laughing, smiling daily so I can be the best to others.

    1. I must say, that makes two of us. I avoid the news, mostly because it’s flooded with negativity. Most people disagree with that because they believe one should be fully aware of what’s taking place around them–which by the way I am. I am well aware of what goes on in the world because it’s hard to avoid it all together. I empathise but I choose not to indulge in it. I rather be aware of what’s taking place, and do my part to make the world a better place.

      Thanks for sharing your story 🙂

  3. Love your list! But I would argue with the first point a little bit- I don’t think that its a good idea to continuously argue/fight with people because there are bound to be people who think differently than you, but I do think that there is some value in arguing, because you get to learn from it. You get to learn about a different perspective, why someone might think very differently from you, and in some ways I think that arguing allows you to develop more empathy for someone who sides with the other side because by arguing you dig deeper into what they are saying! But those are just my thoughts. This list is great!

    1. Thanks Aarti. I understand where you’re coming from. It’s always good to be open minded and able to receive the opinions and perspective of others. I think a respectful debate is way better than bickering/arguing.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: