A lot of times when things don’t work out the way we want them to, we tend to get caught up in the situation and allow our emotions to get the best of us. Here are some reminders of what you can do when things don’t go your way:
1. Take a step back and evaluate.
2. Vent if you have to, but don’t linger on the problem.
3. Realise there are others out there facing this too.
4. Process your emotions (Journal, meditate or talk to someone).
5. Acknowledge your thoughts.
6. Give yourself a break (Go for a walk, listen to music, watch a movie, get some sleep).
7. Uncover what you’re really upset about (Hint: It’s not the world).
8. See this as an obstacle to overcome.
9. Analyse the situation – Focus on actionable steps.
10. Identify how it occurred so it won’t occur again next time.
11. Realise the situation can be a lot worse.
12. Do your best, but don’t kill yourself over it.
13. Pick out the learning points from the situation (there’s always something to learn from everything).
What do you do when things don’t go your way? Comment below and share.
Smile! Life is better when you’re laughing!